Oral Appliance Therapy in Castle Rock and Denver, Colorado
An Alternative to CPAP – There are three medically accepted ways to successfully treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea: CPAP, Surgery, and Oral Appliances. We focus on providing patients with Oral Appliances. Oral Appliances are designed to be more comfortable and less intrusive than other options in the sleep apnea treatment. Studies have shown that upwards of 50% of patients who are prescribed a CPAP are not wearing it the way they are supposed to after one year. As many as 95% of patients who are prescribed an oral appliance are able to regularly wear it.
How Oral Appliance Therapy Works
Custom-fitted dental appliances have proven to be a successful treatment for many OSA sufferers and snorers. They are less cumbersome and more comfortable than other alternatives such as CPAP or surgery. At Refresh Snoring and Sleep Apnea Center, we recommend to our Castle Rock and Denver, CO patients recommend a device that is most appropriate for your individual situation. Our solutions are proven to be effective and are FDA cleared Class II medical devices that have many advantages including:
- Insurance: Most private insurance and Medicare plans cover oral appliances for the treatment of sleep apnea. We can find out for you if you’re covered, and what (if any) the out-of-pocket cost will be before any treatment is initiated.
- Comfort: Many patients who have tried Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) treatment and found it too uncomfortable or too cumbersome have found success with oral appliance therapy.
- Fast Results: Most patients grow accustomed to the oral appliance within a few days or weeks and it begins providing relief from sleep-disordered breathing immediately.
- Portable: Unlike the more cumbersome CPAP device that requires electricity, the oral device fits in a pocket and can be taken anywhere, making travel much more feasible.
- Ease of Use: Patients can drink and talk while wearing the devices, unlike some of the other treatment options.
- Silent and Less Noticeable: Obstructive sleep apnea sufferers and their sleep partners are sometimes bothered by the noise and presence of breathing devices like the CPAP.
Refresh Snoring and Sleep Apnea Center offers what we believe to be the most effective and comfortable appliances available. In most cases, patients are able to talk, drink, open wide and close their lips, making these, in many users’ opinion, the most comfortable appliance available to treat sleep apnea.
The life expectancy of our appliances is 3 to 5 years, and all of our devices have a 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects. Most importantly the oral appliances used are clinically effective when it comes to sleep apnea treatment. Fifteen independent studies demonstrate the device’s significant clinical benefits and 91% of patients reported improvement in sleep quality.
Insurance / Payment Options
Most medical insurance plans cover CPAP Alternative oral appliance therapy for treating sleep apnea. Our experienced team will contact your medical insurance carrier on your behalf, gather information about your plan, and then help you understand your coverage. Should you choose to move forward with treatment, we will work with your insurance company to help you obtain the maximum insurance benefits possible.
For any out-of-pocket costs associated with your oral appliance therapy, we offer flexible financing options including low or no-interest payment plans. We will clearly explain all of your options and work with you to customize a payment plan that best fits your needs.
Contact our Sleep Apnea Denver, Colorado location to learn more!
Schedule a Free Consultation
Contact us to see the many benefits of oral appliance therapy and how it could help you with your snoring and sleep issues.
If you would like to speak with someone directly
Give Us a Call